Knee pain in both legs

I have knee pain in both legs it's bearable and able to walk. I have tear in meniscus in both knees.is operation is mandatory to recover or we can try with other options. Here by attaching my MRI reports. Please advise. Thanks in advance
views-icons 48 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
Physiotherapist 20 yrs exp Noida

: Keep your leg raised while sitting or lying Quadriceps strengthening exercises- Quad Clenches: Lie flat on your back or sit upright on a chair with leg kept horizontally on another surface. Now, tighten the muscle on the front of the thigh by pushing your knee down. You should feel your thigh muscles clench, Hold for 3 secs. Repeat 10 times twice a day. Short Arcs: Lie flat on your back or sit upright with your leg placed horizontally on a flat surface like a chair or bed. Place a rolled up towel under the knee. Pull your toes towards you and clench you thigh muscles. Slowly lift your foot up off the bed until your knee is straight (keep your knee resting on the towel). Hold for 3 secs and slowly lower them on the chair. Repeat 10 times twice a day. Straight Leg Raise: Lie flat on your back. One leg and knee will be straight and other leg should be bent. Pull your toes towards you and tighten/clench the muscle on the front of the thigh, locking your knee straight. Lift your foot up in the air, about 6 inches off the bed. Hold for 3 secs and slowly lower the leg. The knee must remain straight the whole time you are doing this exercise.
Dr. Sonam Yogeshsingh Chauhan
Occupational Therapist 11 yrs exp Aurangabad
Visit orthopaedic first.