Knee joint pain

I usually hear the sound of something cracking from my knees.Usually I get that sound whenever I sit in a particluar position for a period of about 15 minutes or more.It sometimes leads to unbearable pain as well. Help get out of this discomfort.

Doctor Answers (2) on Knee joint pain

Mr. Ahsan Khan (P.T.) Mumbai | Physiotherapist
It cud be chondromalacia patellae. Generally happens in ur age group. Hav u had any injury directly or indirectly involving knees? What positions gives dose sounds? Anyways u got to see an Orthopaedician. Later on things would depend on that. For Time being u can apply cold or do hot fomentation.
Dr. Hitin Mathur Noida | Orthopedic Surgeon
Hi, this is Dr Hitin Mathur from Fortis C Doc Hospital, New Delhi. Welcome to Practo. As far as the pain and the noise in the knee is concerned, it could be coming from the meniscus or a hypertrophied plica in your knee. A good clinical examination is a prerequisite to find the cause of the same. You may need to undergo some imaging and blood tests as well depending on the condition of the knee. I would suggest that you see an orthopaedic surgeon as soon as possible before any permanent damage to the knee occurs...