Knee cracking sounds
From last 2 years, i am observing cracking sound from my both knees...though there is no pain in my knees but the sound scares sometimes...sound comes eapecially while sitting down or standing up...

Dr. Anjana Gupta (PT)
Physiotherapist 26 yrs exp Delhi

Hi I am Physiotherapist Dr Anjana Gupta. I have got my clinic M 219 Greater kailash 2 from last 12 years. I have got experience of working in LNJP Hospital for 10 years in orthopaedic Deptt.Welcome to practo for asking question The sound that comes while moving has got special name Creptius sounds .They can be noticed when joint is moved. They indicate the wear and tear of the joint. Although there is no pain you should start strengthening exercise program . If neglected the pains may start soon

Why do my knees crack when i stand up Why do knees crack when bending Knee makes cracking sound when bending