Knee CT Scan

Hello, I got CT done for my right knee and i am currently out of station and cannot consult my ortho for a week. my CT report states " Early Degenerative Changes In the forms of prominent tibial spiking". I would be very thankful if anyone could tell me what does that mean and is there any thing that i have to worry upon

Doctor Answers (4) on Knee CT Scan

Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
20 yrs. of exp | Noida | Physiotherapist

INR 200 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain.
Dr. Chirag Dalal
8 yrs. of exp | Mumbai | Orthopedic Surgeon

INR 700 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Early tibial spiking may be a not so important finding but let your ortho decide. More important issue is what is your complain which made you get CT scan done. At 26 you need your ortho to check out why you have early degenerative changes. He might recommend you to get mri of the knee done.
Pankaj Agrawal
15 yrs. of exp | Ahmedabad | Orthopedist
Dear friend tibial spiking is not of any concern in absence of the symptoms. Please get assessment from your ortho doctor.best of luck.regards dr pankaj agrawal ,shoulder knee and joints surgeon Ahmedabad
Dr. Nilesh Dattatray Darawade
11 yrs. of exp | Pune | Orthopedist
An orthopaedician would like to know what are your symptoms. How did you get those? Degenerative changes at your age are uncommon and before commenting on whether it's a problem or not we would like to know rest of clinical picture. I would certainly recommend you to see an orthopaedician shortly.