Knee a lower back pains

As this is for my mom who has severe knee and back pain...unabling her to walk...looking for a Dr Who would guide me to the best treatment which is also economical and effective for her with any side effects and reactions...Our previous experience has been very dissatisfactory.

Doctor Answers (2) on Knee a lower back pains

Dr. Raviraj Francis Mumbai | Physiotherapist
Hello mam...knee pain in women can be attributed to a number of factors,,,if you could answer a few of my queries it would be of great help. 1)Your mother has pain and swelling of knees or only pain? 2)Both the knees pain equally or one pains more than the other? 3)Does it pain on walking/activity or at rest also it pains? 4)Have you done xray,calcium,vit D3,RA,Thyroid test.? 5)What the previous doctor diagnosed her condition as and what treatment was recommended? Do let me know the answers to the above queries at the earliest.(if xray/mri photos can be uploaded it would be good) Regards/Take care.
Dr. Pallavi Singh Mumbai | Clinical Physiotherapist
Hi. Thank you for the question. Your Mom's age is 58 years which is common to get osteoarthritis. If she is overweight than it could explain back and knee pain together. But the good thing is she can overcome this pain with exercise and gradually she can work on her nutrition to control weight. If you need my help in formulating a exercise program for her please write back to me.