Keratosis Pilaris
I have Keratisis Pilaris. Its been few years it is there in my both upper arms and i feel it is increasing now a days. I am currently using Moisturex and xerina ointment as prescribed by physician but i dont see any improvement. its been 5 month since i started this medication. i want to get rid of this issue. Can any one help

Dr. Rasya Dixit

Hi Keratosis pilaris takes time to respond and you are using good creams. Sometimes it may just reduce and may not respond completely. Try taking omega fatty acids such as fish or almonds in your diet. Glycolic acid peels and microdermabrasion will also help but these are short term results as keratosis tends to be recurring. Please contact a dermatologist if you have an upcoming events.
Rajitha Gujjari
Dermatologist Hyderabad
Hi......keratosisi pilaris is due to abnormal retention of keratin in hair follicles. Moisturisers n keratinolytics ll help in reducing the symptoms n leasions.avoide rubbing or scratching the leasions . Consult a dermatologist for appropriate treatment. Hope this ll help you. Have a good day. Regards Dr.Rajitha; HEALING HANDS CLINIC