Keratoconus in Left eye

Hi, I am a 27-year-old man and Some months back, I was diagnosed with keratoconus and advised to go through C3R procedure. I have already been go through C3R 2 months back and have been advice to wear eye glasses with new power. I am a software engineer and work 9 hours a day in front of computer. After working for few hours in front of computer I am facing eye pain, eye dryness and lower vision. Below are the details of my left eye report : Pachymtery : Minimum Thickness(UM) : 443 Central Corneal Thickness(UM) : 457 Left Eye power : Sph : 2.0 Cyl : 4.5 Axis : 145 Occulyzer report is attached. What are the precautions or treatment I should take going forward. Should I stop working in front of computer and look for any other non technical job? How worst the situation can become and how can I stop it getting worse. Thanks in Advance. Regards Akshay

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello 1. C3R stops progression of keratoconus. 2. Dryness is common with anybody using computer for so long.. 3. Use lubricating eyedrop like flogel frequency 4. Use antiglare glasses 5. And use laptop as much u want 6. Your condition will not worsen
Dr. Pranav Dave
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 11 yrs exp Surat

Working on computer doesn't affect eyes except it can cause dry eye problem. But related to your problem computer will not worsen it. So no need to change work pattern. Keratoconus is a genetic problem if you are chosen to have it, you will have it. No external factor will change things. So best precaution you can take is a very regular ophthalmologist examination. This will help to detect any progression of the condition and accordingly any further treatment required.
Dr. Nandini Chandak
Cataract and Refractive Surgeon 8 yrs exp Kolkata
Keratoconus is a condition which has to be reviewed for progression. There are few reports mentioning eye rubbing associated with Keratoconus. But working on computer has no Association, only that blinking is infrequent so it can be relieved with the frequent use of lubricating eyedrops.