liver-icon

Jaundice advice needed

I am 29yrs old male, suffering from Jaundice. It was diagnosed 1 month after my Typhoid got cured. After taking care for 2.5 weeks, my Bilirubin has steadily reduced from 7.3 to 3.2. But SGPT is 65.3 and SGOT 86, they have not reduced much. Should i be concerned about high SGPT/SGOT?

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  It will gradually decrease. Just do not worry. Get it checked out after 3-4 weeks and it should have come to normal range. You can consult a general physician in person for further evaluation and management.  Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Swarup Kumar Ghosh
Homeopath 23 yrs exp Hooghly

It is a condition characterised by the yellow pigmentation of the skin,mucous membrane and sclera,increse in the serum bilirubin above the normal range of 0.2 to 0.8mg/100ml of serum. Laten jaundice - upto 2mg/100ml of bilirubin. Hemolytic jaundice *Congenital defect in R.B.C.making them fragile. Chronic infection. *Poisons. *Autoimmune disease. *Incompatible blood transfusion. *Erythroblastosis foetalis *Idiopathic *Viral hepatitis. *Toxins. *Deflciency of special food factors. *Immature enzyme mechanism responsible for the conjugation of bilirubin. *Calculi,bil thrombus,ascariasis. And many sympotoms Treatment *Rest in bed *Plenty or oral fluid:lemon water *Diet should contain more carbohydrates,protein & less fats.
And typoid both teratment for homoepathic best.Pl consult homoeo docter.Thanks.13.11.2016.
Dr. P. Vijayaraghavan
Consultant Physician 33 yrs exp Chennai

When fever is followed by jaundice it is more likely due to viral hepatitis or leptospirosis. Whatever be the cause, once there is hepatitis (inflammation of liver) it takes time for SGOT/SGOT (liver enzymes) to settle down. Repeat them after 2 and 4 weeks; the values would have settled.
Avoid fatty or oily food/alcohol. Do not over exert for some more time.
Dr. Rama S.K
Internal Medicine 16 yrs exp Dimapur
Need to know the cause of your jaundice first then can comment on this issue