Itchy eyes
I have some irritation and itchiness in both my eyes for past two days. Is it ok to use gentamicin eye drops?

Dr. Varun Boddula
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 6 yrs exp Hyderabad

Irritation and Itching The most common cause is Allergic conjunctivitis if redness is also there, for which you require Anti Histamine eye drops or anti allergic drops or any anti-inflammatory eye drops. At times this can be self resolving without any medication. Gentamycin is a broad spectrum antibiotic which kills bacteria but doesn't decrease itching specifically. Most common Causes of Itching with irritation without redness are: - Dry eye ( decreased lubrication of eye) - Early Allergic conjunctivitis - Computer vision syndrome (UV light damages corneal epithelium) Feel free to follow up:) Hope it helps :)