Itching,redness,waterly e

I uesd to have watery eye but no other issue.due to allergies my physician advised some nosal drop and montelucas tablets.in cold weather (November -December )this year i am experiencing itching in both eyes.eye becomes red when i rub them.my opthamologist adviced me systane ultra eye drop for watery eye.i need advice to resolve itching watery and redness of eyes.

Doctor Answers (3) on Itching,redness,waterly e

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello. I think you have allergic conjunctivitis. 1. Eye allergies, called allergic conjunctivitis, are a common condition that occurs when the eyes react to something that irritates them (called an allergen). 2. The eyes produce a substance called histamine to fight off the allergen. As a result, the eyelids and conjunctiva (the thin, filmy membrane that covers the inside of your eyelids) become red, swollen and itchy, with tearing and burning. The key to treating eye allergies is a. Avoid or limit contact with the substance causing the problem. B. Avoid rubbing eyes instead do cold compresses. C. Use antiallergic eyedrop like olopat eyedrop twice daily d. Lubricating eyedrop like flogel thrice daily e. Use mild steroid like flurisone in pulse dose in severe allergy this will help you I am very sorry dear to say that there is no medicine that can cure allergy. Only way is to stay away from all those things that you are allergic to. This is a provisional diagnosis. consult your ophthalmologist for detailed examination
Dr. Pranav Dave Surat | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
You can continue putting systane ultra eye drops and add olopatadine eye drops two times a day.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..... If you have allergic conjunctivitis, you can follow the guidelines below to treat your condition at home.....Don't rub your eyes, even though they may be itchy. Rubbing your eyes can make your symptoms worse.Place a cool compress over your eyes. Wetting a flannel with cool water and holding it over your eyes will help ease your symptoms.....Avoid exposure to the allergen, if possible..... Consult ophthalmologist....