Itching Raised bumps

Hi, I am seeing raised bumps on my hands, legs and back. The bumps are causing itching also and their is no pain. It seems like having HIVES. Can you suggest what should I do and how long will it take to go away completely. Today is the 3rd day. And can I take Avil tablet for this??

Doctor Answers (1) on Itching Raised bumps

Hives are irritating and difficult to live with. Chronic urticaria is the medical terminology and this condition needs proper assessment. The triggers should be identified. Based on your description, it appears that you have intermittent variable of chronic urticaria. These conditions have strong relation to one's internal health and it needs to be evaluated as often quoted - Skin is the mirror of internal health. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation which probably will include a non-sedative antihistamine and some other medications based on blood chemistry. A common mistake is to take antihistamines as when and needed while it should be taken for a reasonably long time frame in urticaria whether you develop hives or not. After a certain period, it is advisable to wean the treatment. Few advance treatment options also exist which requires once a month treatment. Hope it helps.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
All the best. Avoid self-medications.