Itching in Groin area

I have been having itching problem in my Groin area, on scrotum and in the hip partition. There have been patches throughout the above mentioned region.. Dead skin keep generating.. And frequent rashes also.. Plz suggest how to get rid of it.. I change my clothes regularly and wash them with warm water.. I keep the area dry as much as I can.. Still the problem exists.. It's really embarrassing to face my wife.. Help plz..

Doctor Answers (2) on Itching in Groin area

Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Dermatologist
You are most likely suffering from fungal infection for which you will need prescription medicines orally. It is good that you are keeping the area dry and clean. So visit a dermatologist for treatment. You will certainly benefit. If you are using creams etc suggested by friends and pharmacists, stop using them.
Himanshu Gupta Ghaziabad | Dermatologist
You are suffering from tinea (fungal infection). Keep the area dry, do not share your towel, bathe daily, wash your clothes daily. DO NOT USE STEROID COMBINATION CREAMS. Kindly consult a dermatologist near you for advice regarding treatment.