Itching in genital area

I am having a lot of itching around the genital area - testicles, penis base area and surrounding area. I can see a lot of dryness in that area. Itching is really strong and generally happens during evenings. Have noticed it happens more during days of high temperature and humidity and also when i wear tight clothes. sometimes also happens around waist and butt area. when it happens there, itching area starts developing small eruptions like the ones happen during mosquito bite. Sometimes i wake up from sleep and start itching uncontrollably. Have been using anti fungal powder and miconazole cream. No relief though. Never have unprotected sex. Take bath twice a day and remail clean.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Crural pruritus can be multifactorial including allergic dermatitis, Scabies and fungal infection caused by dermatophytes. You should see a Dermatologist for proper diagnosis and to understand the treatments. Try OTC anti-allergic medications for symptomatic relief. Avoid tight fitting clothes and maintain dryness in that area. Avoid self medications. Hope it helps Dr MK Agarwala New Delhi