Itching in genital area
I am having a lot of itching around the genital area - testicles, penis base area and surrounding area. I can see a lot of dryness in that area. Itching is really strong and generally happens during evenings. Have noticed it happens more during days of high temperature and humidity and also when i wear tight clothes. sometimes also happens around waist and butt area. when it happens there, itching area starts developing small eruptions like the ones happen during mosquito bite. Sometimes i wake up from sleep and start itching uncontrollably. Have been using anti fungal powder and miconazole cream. No relief though. Never have unprotected sex. Take bath twice a day and remail clean.
48 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Manoj Agarwala
Dermatologist 12 yrs exp Delhi

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹500 for 24 hrs

Thanks for the query. Crural pruritus can be multifactorial including allergic dermatitis, Scabies and fungal infection caused by dermatophytes. You should see a Dermatologist for proper diagnosis and to understand the treatments. Try OTC anti-allergic medications for symptomatic relief. Avoid tight fitting clothes and maintain dryness in that area. Avoid self medications. Hope it helps Dr MK Agarwala New Delhi
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
0/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.