Itching around the groin

Hi Doctor, I had severe itching around groin area I scratch it that becomes some stripes around that Area its been 8 months I had this problem along with dandruff on my hair What should I do Its makes sleepless nights I am using onabet cream but it's itchy

Doctor Answers (1) on Itching around the groin

Hi. Greetings. You may be having a fungal infection. Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps.