Is this oral herpes

I hav been experiencing chapped n dryness of lips since november I thought it was weather then ir started reddning on my upper lip I consulted two dermatologist for the problem bt it wasnt treated with d medication The dryness isnt goin at all n it has nw started giving me cuts at d edges of my lips Earlier i experienced swelling of my upper lip bt now its gone The dryness redning n cuts at d edges of the lips is stil there What am i suffering frm allergy, herpes or what is it Plz help

Doctor Answers (3) on Is this oral herpes

Hi..doesn't look like herpes. Apply Vaseline on your lips everyday. In crease water intake. Regards
Hi dosent seems to be herpes at all..its a viral infection and it goes away with the completion of its cycle...water filled like blisters a common feature..and they r painful and itchy ... dryness and cuts at edges are if concern please do have a opinion with a dentist who practices oral medicine or visit a periodontist or oral surgeon..feel free to ask any further queries best of luck
Dr. Navya G Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there.. I can understand your concern.. but according to your symptoms you do not have oral herpes.. in oral herpes, there is small painful blisters around lips, nose which occur during stress, Fever, when immunity is reduced, which gets resolved within few days. But it is recurrent.. since you don't have blisters and it's dryness of lips, it could be due to vitamin b deficiency.. please have healthy foods- green leafy vegetables, sprouts, fruits.. have multivitamin supplements. Keep your lips and skin moisturised. Have plenty of fluids.. hope this helps you..