Is it depression+anxiety?

I am feeling tired where I don't want to do anything anymore bt I feel anxious that I'm ruining my life. All I want to do is watch TV or sleep. I dn't feel like working. I am getting married soon but even that isn't making me happy or anything i feel empty . Sometimes I feel angry & am hypersensitive. I cry too much.

Doctor Answers (2) on Is it depression+anxiety?

Dr. Diwakar Sharma Delhi | Psychiatrist
hi there, lets look at ur situation this way.
It's a lot to handle simultaneously and affecting ur functioning irrespective of whatever the name be given to this condition.... Depression or no depression...
Feeling lethargy, Anxiety, not being able to enjoy life as u wud do earlier, losing interest in previously enjoyed activities, feeling hopeless or helpless regarding future endeavours ....this entity has nothing to do with ur psychological or mental strength and it affects people of all kinds of mental or psychological make.
Most importantly its completely treatable. This involves few safe medicines or counselling or both depending on ur preference and suitability.
This involves consulting a psychiatrist of u choice and faith.
Hope this helps u but feel free to consult further in follow-up section.
Thank you
Dr. Shwetank Bansal Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hello.
What you are describing can be related to physical as well as psychological causes. It's great that you have spoken up and are trying to seek help. That is the first step towards recovery. I advise you to see a psychiatrist for a detailed evaluation and management of the physical and psychological causes of the issues you are facing. With your wedding coming up, the added stress may lead to further escalation in the symptoms. So it is advisable to get yourself evaluated at the earliest. Take care.

Dr. Shwetank Bansal
M.B.B.S, M.D (Psychiatry)
Consultant Psychiatrist and Psychotherapist.
Patel Nagar, New Delhi - 110008