Irritable Bowel Syndrome
I have IBS. I have to use toilet 4-5 times a day and can't digest heavy and fast foods. What diet should I follow? Low FODMAP?

Dr. R . Deepak
General Physician 32 yrs exp Pune

IBS is a troublesome disorder . Inspite of lifestyle and diet changes it is difficult to control . My experience is , it responds quite miraculously to a combination of acupuncture and Ayurvedic panchakarma therapy , provided the therapist is experienced and qualified .
Dr. Navya G
Hi there. Irritable bowel syndrome is condition where there is diarrhea and constipation alternating with severe abdominal cramps. Treatment of ibs includes lifestyle changes, avoid smoking alcohol, caffeine, have more fluids, avoid allergen foods which trigger your symptoms, take medications, Low fodmap ie  "Fermentable Oligosaccharide( fructans), disaccharides(lactose), Monosaccharides(fructose) And polyols(as sorbitol,mannitol,xylitol and maltitol)..consult dietician once..