Irregular periods

Hi, I am married for about 9 months now. Until March, my period cycles were normal, in April it got pushed by a week and for the whole month of May I have not got my periods. As of date, my periods have been pushed by 48 days. I tested for pregnancy (kit at home and blood test per advice from doctor in a lab) and both tested negative. The doctor adviced that I take certain other tests to confirm diabetes or thyroid issues - Plasma Glucose(Fasting and 2 hours), Free Thyroxine, TSH, Prolactin, CBC and ESR). All the values look normal but for Lymphocytes count = 41.2%, ESR=38mm and Prolactin which is 25.91 ng/ml. When I browsed thru the internet, I was able to gather several different ways of interpreting these values. I am unable to understand what I might be suffering from. FYI - I have been diagonised with Citric and Dust allergy in the past and have been using nasal and oral sprays for over 11 years now. I moved from Bangalore to Chennai after my wedding in the month of Jan.

Doctor Answers (3) on Irregular periods

Dr. Kuldeep Wagh Pune | Gynecologist
Marriage,stress moving can also impact ur periods. There is no rule that u should have periods in a month. Also check if u have gained weight recently because that is adversely going to affect ur periods. Alternatively u can take a shirt course of oral contraceptive pills for three months n reduce ur stress. That would help
Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Please  read my blog on PCOS. Hope that helps.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... You tested for pregnancy and hypothyroidism , polycystic ovarian disease is the most common cause for irregular periods in these days ..ultrasound of ovary is required.. Other factors affecting cycle are sickness, physical and mental stress, young age, sudden change in weight,TBetc... You better consult gynaecologist once.