Irregular period problem

Doctor I am running 15-16 days late period I am a college going student I am not addicted to any sorts of drugs I am very tensed about it as it has never happened before with me I am in deep stress

Doctor Answers (1) on Irregular period problem

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...., In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, mentrual irregularities occurs.. Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress. If the periods are delayed but regular in every cycle, then the chances are that the woman has a naturally long menstrual cycle and that this delay in her periods is normal for her