diabetes-icon
Insulin Injection
I have diabetes. Doctor gave me insulin glargine injection. And advised to take 12 units. I bought it from pharmacy, it is in packing of 3 ml. I am unable to understand how much quantity I have to take, is 1 unit equal to 1 ml or I have to take complete 3 ml at one time. I am attaching prescription and injection images.

This is a 100 IU vial . 1 ml has 100 units so it will have total 300 units . You have to buy a 100 unit insulin syringe for this vial . It will have orange colour top . You have to draw 12 units in the syringe and inject .
Don’t use 40 unit syringe ( red colour top ) with 100 IU vial .

Vial contains 100 IU in 1ml , you have to purchase insulin syringe according to vail , ie 100 units/ ml, on syringe there are demarcations of units, in that draw 12 units and take subcutaneous. It is better to take training of administration by your doctor. Don’t take unless you are trained.