Insomnia and depression
Hi Doctor, I'm suffering from difficulty in sleeping since about 3 weeks and I've not slept at all in some days. It will started with 1 sleepless night which was not a concern. But after that everyday it is causing anxiety and I began to worry how will I sleep tonight. Even though I got sleep that night, still next day I'll worry about how will it happen tonight etc.. Every time I go to bed various thoughts start coming to mind and keep my awake, which in turn makes me lot tired next day. I've lost interest in everything else which I used to enjoy before 3 weeks and always the same thing keeps going on in my head worrying about sleep. My family doctor has now prescribed etizolam 0.5mg every night before sleeping. It helps a bit to get about 4-5 hours of sleep but not much. How should I break this cycle of insomnia and depression. I'm only 23 now. Please advise how can I stop constantly worrying about it and stop these thoughts from coming during sleeping

Dr. Harisha N L

Hello my friend...just remember "Broken heart and shattered dreams are key mentors for weaving a glorious destiny."...Consult nearest psychiatrist as you require detailed counseling session and you may require medications to solve your problems as many things can't be discussed in forum like this...With that fallow relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation,avoid alcohol, smoking, coffee, tea...have good sleep and develop healthy food habits..good luck
Dr. Hariom Singh
Neurologist 12 yrs exp Lucknow
Consult psychiatrist

Depression insomnia anxiety