Insomia sleeping problem
I work in night shifts and use to smoke alot. My smoking has been reduced but it seems I have lost my sleep . everyday I take 2 to 3 hours to sleep as if I am forcing myself to sleep.

Dr. Divya Ganesh Nallur
Psychiatrist 15 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi For good sleep, we need to follow the following 'sleep hygiene techniques'. have a set time to go to bed and a set time to wake up before bed time , have a relaxation ritual .  this can include having a warm bath, drinking warm milk, listening to soothing music etc avoid caffeine completely if you have sleep problems, this include s coffee tea and drinks such as coke, and red bull. have some form of physical exercise during the day but none after 6pm if you worry too much , have a worry time before bed time, where you jot down all your worries and promise yourself that you will deal with them the next morning. Dr Divya Ganesh Nallur