Infection related
My son is 8 months old. My mother (who lives separately) is diagnosed with Bone TB. Since there is no one to take care of her, I would like to bring her in our house and take care of her. But I'm worried if her disease will affect my son. And if it would, what precautions can I take to prevent it. Please advise.

Dr. Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician 3 yrs exp Mandya
Hello, I went through your query, here advice varies depending on her sputum positivity, if she is sputum negative (no active pulmonary TB) then nothing to worry, she can continue her treatment in your home with special care about personal hygiene of all the person. If she is sputum positive then,, she should be in a separate room with good ventilation, and your baby also should be in a room away from that, personal hygiene should be maintained by all person, by washing hands or by other means. If your mother is highly toxic with sputum positivity, then the persons entering her room can wear medicated facial masks.