Infection in throat

I have problem in throat. It is making problem to drink water or split also. All time feel uncomfortable due to this. Due to this I also having cough( KHANSI) so most time I try to split.

Doctor Answers (1) on Infection in throat

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, it seems you have throat infection. Rest. Get plenty of sleep and rest your voice. Drink fluids. Drink plenty of water to keep the throat moist and prevent dehydration. Try comforting foods and beverage. Warm liquids — broth, caffeine-free tea or warm water with honey — and cold treats such as ice pops can soothe a sore throat. Gargle saltwater. A saltwater gargle of 1 teaspoon. Gargle the solution and then spit it out. Humidify the air. Use a cool-air humidifier to eliminate dry air that may further irritate a sore throat or sit for several minutes in a steamy bathroom. Consider lozenges. Lozenges can soothe a sore throat. Avoid irritants. Keep your home free from cigarette smoke and cleaning products that can irritate the throat.