Infection around penis

I am having infection around my penis and lot of itching from past week. After coming coming home from jogging i had lot itching and my skin started peeling i have attached the image

Doctor Answers (1) on Infection around penis

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, tinea cruris  typically affects your groin and inner thighs. It may spread to your abdomen and buttocks, redness in the groin area,persistent itching in the groin area,burning sensation in the groin area,flaking, peeling, or cracking skin in the groin area,rash that worsens with exercise or activity,changes in skin color are the common symptoms one would experience. It’s important to keep your skin clean and dry. Wearing loose fitting clothing may help by reducing friction and moisture buildup. Use an over the counter antifungal ointment or spray that contains miconazole, clotrimazole, or tolnaftate. The Tinea cruris fungus is highly contagious. The infection can spread by skin to skin contact, as well as by touching the unwashed clothing of a person with the infection.