Immense Pain in Throat
I have a lot of pain in the next around the throat. I have had these pains for a while, they keep coming and going. Suddenly for the past 3-4 days it's increased. I can feel a small ball kind thing near the Adams apple, like a clot or something. If someone has had the similar problem, please advise the best action. Thanks

Dr. Parveen Chawla
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 17 yrs exp Faridabad

just get an ultrasound of neck to rule out which kind of swelling is this ,
avoid putting pressure over the swelling
Dr. Harisha N L

Drink plenty of water,eat soft foods like cooked cereal, mashed potatoes, soft fruits, yogurt and soft-cooked eggs...give adequate rest to your body..Avoid spicy foods or acidic foods. Gargle with warm salt water. gargling several times a day can help relieve throat pain....you will require antibiotics to clear up infection..Consult nearest ent specialist they will do the needful.