Ibs - gastroenterology
I have IBS since 8 years. Been to gp. No one gives any solution. Can IBS be solved or can I be IBS free?? Is there a permanent solution. I am fed up with cramps abdominal pain urge to clear weight loss and all the remedies and Fodmap. Not able to gain weight. Pls help.

Dr. Harisha N L

Diagnosis is very important in irritable bowel syndrome...you will need certain investigations to rule out other causes...investigations are ultrasound abdomen,liver function test,blood tests like complete heamogram,stool examination etc... There is no specific treatment of this disease. It can be controlled by altering diet pattern,psychological therapy and medicines. You can take course of antibiotics containing Ofloxacin and Ornidazole twice daily for five days...Consult nearest gastroenterologist they will do the needful.