I want my brother to quit
He has adapted this smoking habit due to career tension when he was 18. Now he is 31 and I want him to quit smoking without letting him know Please suggest

Dr. Naveen Jayaram
Psychiatrist 9 yrs exp Bangalore
Hello, Smoking cannot be stopped without the knowledge of the person. You need to motivate him to quit or seek help from a professional. Quitting any substance is a process, it requires time and support from all aspects.
Dr. Divya Shree K.R
Psychiatrist 10 yrs exp Bangalore
Hello, Smoking is one of the difficult habits to quit. About 70percent of people who smoke want to quit but don't know how to. Quitting becomes more successful with professional help. There are Nicotine replacement therapies in the form of patches and gums and anti craving medications which make it easier to quit. Please consult a psychiatrist. With medications and psychological support ,your brother will be able to give up smoking