I have progressive myopia

The myopia is getting worse as the time is passing. I want a non-surgical treatment for that (other than glasses). I came to know about orthokeratology. Is there any doctor/clinic that is authorised to do this on patients in India?
views-icons 52 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on I have progressive myopia

doctor profile image
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
8 yrs. of exp | Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon

INR 150 for 24 hrs

HELLO 1. Myopia progresses with age and becomes stable at age of 18-20 yrs.This means your myopia will not increase much now...minimal change is possible...so dont worry about that 2. Non surgical option is : Contact lens 3. There is not much enthusiasm among doctors for osteokeratology ....here u have to wear lens during night and for next 12 hrs ur number will reduce or decrease depending on amount of myopia As such there are no recognised hospital for doing this u may consult any local good eye hospital I hope this will help u
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
2/2 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?