I have irregular periods

I have irregular periods every month and periods don't come date to date, they come after many days sometime 5 days late or 9 days late and this is happening every month. Please tell me if any suggestions for this problem.

Dr. Mamta Pattnayak
Gynecologist 13 yrs exp Gurgaon

Hi, it may be due to any hormonal imbalance. Abnormal period is if it is less than 21 days or more than 37 days.if your Bmi is high then do exercises .
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
Gynecologist 14 yrs exp Delhi

It will be better if you get ultrasound lower abdomen and thyroid profile done to rule out pcod or hypothyroid
Dr. Disha Sridhar
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 13 yrs exp Bangalore
Irregular  period is a sign of hormone  imbalance. Sorry to  inform  you  but you are walking  on the road of hormone  imbalances  which lead to period and fertility  issues in short term but serious  disorders  like diabetes,  blood  pressure,  autoimmune  thyroid  disease  and cancers in the long term.
Good news is that it can be totally  reversed if you choose to do so. If you  really  want  to  know  the root cause of your problem and heal it permanently ,  please  read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health  feeds. Hope that helps....
Dr. Rita Bakshi
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 31 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, Get an abdominal ultrasound done to rule out the cause. It is likely that you have PCOS or thyroid. Consult a gynecologist and get yourself tested. You can also visit my clinic International Fertility Centre that offers varied gynecological services for treating conditions like PCOS, Endometriosis and many more.
Visit a gynecologist
Dr. Prashant Kini
General Endocrinologist 10 yrs exp Mumbai
you have to check for pcod and thyroid.