Hysteroscopy/hysterectomy

Hi, I am diagnosed with second degree uterine prolapse and endometric polyp. Would you suggest hysterectomy or hysteroscopy? Even if I get hysteroscopy, I should get hysterectomy done in couple of years. What are the implications of hysterectomy? Please advise. Thank you.
views-icons 36 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Hysteroscopy/hysterectomy

Dr. Kuldeep Wagh Pune | Gynecologist
It all matters not on the diagnosis but the complaints u have. A polyp usually causes heavy blood loss and prolactin testhas it's own problems. Ask urself if u have any symptoms. If yes then undergoing a hysterectomy is better because u r having two problems. Hysteroscopy will just confirm the diagnosis. If no symptoms then there is no urgency u can wait
Thank you for your question.
You are correct in that the polyp is the first thing that needs sorting out. The report will decide the treatment you need including the hysterectomy and how soon you need to get it done. Sometimes your doctor may recommend both in one sitting to save you having anaesthesia twice. Its your choice which way you would like to proceed. A second degree prolapse will generally get worse over time even if you do your pelvic floor exercises diligently.
Best wishes