diabetes-icon
Hypothyroid in pregnancy
Hi this question is for my wife who is 18weeks pregnant at 6th week she was screened for thyroid In first reports her tsh was 6.0.. She was put on  thyronorm 25... And the next reports her tsh was under 2.5 &till now is under control...  My question is her tsh was high till 6th week.. Cud it have harmed the baby

Dr. Rashmi T V
hi Fetus depends on maternal thyroid only in early pregnancy ... If mother found to have altered thyroid studies if brought under control initially itself will have least effect on growing fetus ...if not complications in mother miscarriage ,  Anaemia  in pregnancy, pre eclampsia , abruptio placenta and post partum hemorrhage.  Fetus might have premature birth, low birth weight and increased neonatal respiratory distress.