Hypopigmentation

I had been prescribed Dremz cream (Hydroquinone 4%) along with Glowriance face wash which contains glycolic acid for melasma. After using it for two weeks I now have white patches on my face along with what looks like hypopigmentation. Please let me know if this can be reversed and what could be treatment for it. I apply the Dremz cream at night and use the glycolic acid face wash twice.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. I assume this is dryness post glycolic acid usage, however meet a dermatologist for confirmation. Melasma like conditions have a strong relation to one's internal health and it needs to be evaluated as often quoted - Skin is the mirror of internal health. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation which probably will include a retinol based night cream and a vitamin C based lotion. Sun protection is mandatory and will require usage of Sunscreens. You may benefit from usage of a Laser device i.e. Q- switched N d YAG. Internal health needs to be fixed based on blood chemistry reports.
Dr. Nipun Jain
STOP USING THESES CREAMS AND CONSULT THE DOCTOR AGAIN.