Hypopigmentation
I had been prescribed Dremz cream (Hydroquinone 4%) along with Glowriance face wash which contains glycolic acid for melasma. After using it for two weeks I now have white patches on my face along with what looks like hypopigmentation. Please let me know if this can be reversed and what could be treatment for it. I apply the Dremz cream at night and use the glycolic acid face wash twice.

Dr. Nipun Jain

STOP USING THESES CREAMS AND CONSULT THE DOCTOR AGAIN.
Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. I assume this is dryness post glycolic acid usage, however meet a dermatologist for confirmation. Melasma like conditions have a strong relation to one's internal health and it needs to be evaluated as often quoted - Skin is the mirror of internal health. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation which probably will include a retinol based night cream and a vitamin C based lotion. Sun protection is mandatory and will require usage of Sunscreens. You may benefit from usage of a Laser device i.e. Q- switched N d YAG. Internal health needs to be fixed based on blood chemistry reports.