cardiologist-icon

Hypertension

Hi, My Doc checked BP once in Jun last year and reading were 150/104. He suggested to take medicine (Nodon AM 5-5) and i am regular on it till now. Have cut down alcohol intake almost however unable to come out of stress including of HBP itself. Also taking 02 garlic cloves, leaves of tulsi and neem in the morning before going to play badminton for an hour at least. Sometimes readings are 100/60 now. Can i get rid off pills as i feel like sick even after being a healthy and fit person. Can Ayurveda/homeopathy help in achieving the goal. Thanks in advance!

Dr. Ashish Srivastava
General Physician 5 yrs exp Ambedkar Nagar

Consult a cardiologist Do an ambulatory BP monitoring Don't skip the medications Avoid homeopathy and ayurvedic medicines as their safety profile are not established on Clinical Trials

Hello there. I can understand your concern. You should not quit taking the medicines. Because of the medications itself your blood pressure is under control. You can however ask for a dose re adjustment if possible. For that you will have to consult your physician in person. Also, restrict your salt intake. That will also help control blood pressure. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.