Hyper not eating properly

Hello Dr My son is having problem hyper irregular eating habit shouting on his younger brother and on me he is not taking intrest in education now a days but he is intelligent please advice me what can I do

Doctor Answers (2) on Hyper not eating properly

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Do consult a special educator and understand what is his problem?? After diagnising do follow the feedback given by them . Do not waste his intelligence and the prime period of his life.
Dr. Kavita Sagarkar Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Hi, your son is an adolescent and seems to be going through a rough , rebellious phase right now. He needs you , your spouse and his sibling to be supportive and understanding . There must be some problems that he is facing which he is unable to discuss with you. Adolescents tend to give too much importance to peers and what peers think about them and if they do not find family understanding of their feelings , they either clam up or rebel. You need to check and rule out substance abuse too at this age. Please take him to a Psychiatrist or Psychologist who does counseling. He, as well as the family can benefit from counseling . He can discuss his problems and the way he perceives them to a neutral person like a professional and can then be guided to improving his relationship with all of you as well as making positive changes like focusing on his studies and future. You can learn how best to deal with him as well as be supportive of him . Any underlying Depression or substance abuse can be assessed by the Psychiatrist and ruled out or treated accordingly. Timely intervention is best . Hope this helps, All the Best!