Humerus dislocated
I had dislocated my elbow and underwent a surgery in may i have 2 plates and 8 screws I have taken physiotherapy for 2 months, stopped now. but i am still not able to move my hand fully. The doctor says it will take time. Will I ever have full movement in my hand? Pls answer

Pankaj Agrawal
Joint Replacement Surgeon 15 yrs exp Ahmedabad

With good physio you can hv full ROM.sometimes after fracture union implant needs to be removed for full range.
Dr. Raviraj Francis (PT)
Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello there....Elbow joint is a notorious joint for healing purpose....the rehab and healing is tricky and not as straight forward as other joints.... however if it is only dislocation then it would heal completely and you will achieve full range of motion.... however you mentioned 2 plates and 8 screws...so was there a fracture to the bones making up the elbow joint... an Xray or MRI report would help in better diagnosis. How is your pain now.... and to what level can you do (flexion,extension,supination & pronation) bending & straightning your hand at elbow and turning it up/down as in doing the insertion of keys. Do let me know the answers so as to know and guide you for the exact prognosis of your disease. Regards & take care.
Dr. Praveen Kumar Boinapally
Neuro Physiotherapist 14 yrs exp Hyderabad
Hi, went thru Ur query, I feel it's a combination of fracture n dislocation, as the condition is already two months old, we r loosing out on the valuable time for recovery. Take second Physio opinion and check for secondary complications of muscle wasting, I suggest u start up exercises immediately under the supervision of Physio, bcoz some movements are to be avoided for u some movements are to be encouraged....Don't worry as most shoulder conditions recover very well
Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello, I went through your query, is it fracture dislocation?? Is it humorous or elbow??? If you have attached post operative X-ray, then it would have been much easier for to explain. But in general for such a fracture dislocation to heal it may take minimum of 12 weeks,, please continue your physiotherapy sessions, and have regular follow up your doctor, calcium supplements helps bones to heal faster.