How to know injury grade

I had ACL surgery and I got some solution that Instability even after surgery may be due to a injury to posterolateral corner (PLC injury) which occurs concurrently with ACL. I want to know that if I have a PLC injury ,how to know it is grade I,II or III? Does X-Ray help to find the grade level? If I have grade III level injury ,does it have a lot of pain? Also I have a hinged type brace, does it help to completely rehabilitate?

Doctor Answers (2) on How to know injury grade

Dr. Mangesh Darekar Pune | Orthopedic Surgeon
A PLC injury needs to be assessed clinically. We have to see for instability, also if you are having buckling and instability it's more likely to be grade 2 or 3. A untreated PLC corner may lead to failure of the ACL graft also. Again this is just one of the causes. A failed surgery or failure of the graft can also be responsible for the same. Examination will help to assess. MRI will be difficult to evaluate cause of implants.
Dr. Mandar M. Puranik Pune | Orthopedist
if you have plc injury then we have to find out the grade of injury by doing MRI as well as clinically... if it's grd2 or more,you have to undergo plc repair or reconstruction..