How to increase platelet?
I have been suffering from Dengu and my platelet count decrease to 60,000. I just need to know what specific food or juice I need to have so that it can increase to normal level. Any other suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks in Advance!

Dr. Anamay K. Bidwai
General Surgeon 26 yrs exp Chennai
Dear Friend, I am sorry to hear that your platelet count has dipped so low. But do not worry, only if it starts going down further and touches 20,000, you must get amitteed to hospital immediately. There is no medicine that can increase the platelet count, however alternative remedies like having juice of papaya leaves is in vogue. There is no scientific proof that it works, but there is no harm in trying. I wish you a speedy recovery.