How to do Weight loss

We got a child on March 2016. My wife gained lot of weight and now she's around 66kg. She needs to reduce the weight. She's feeding now. Is it good to have green tea in this period . Have some doubts whether she can drink green tea And looking for some other info. to reduce the weight.
views-icons 59 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on How to do Weight loss

Dr. Swapan Banerjee Kolkata | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi -Good to see your question. I can say green tea is always helpful due its plenty of antioxidants benefits. Any one, any time/any where can use it by drinking even 3-4 times,& there would be no such physical loss or harm. But I must only green tea is not enough for your wife, you need t have low-calorie meal plans like 1400- 1600kcal/day diet plan with some selective exercises ,yoga even though she is a breastfeeding nursing mother. She needs also plenty of water frequently, high protein ,B-Complex , iron, etc .rich foods daily. About green tea you can see my one ARticle in this practo's webiste >>> https://www.practo.com/healthfeed/top-ten-incredible-benefits-of-green-tea-20635/post
Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
What is her height. Post baby fat gain is their she need to have good diet as she is feeding mother but that doesn't mean she can't loose .I can help with 4-5 KGS weight loss in month with good nutrients rich diet for mother and baby
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...I can understand your concern. It would have been better if you had mentioned her height, so that we could have calculated the appropriate weight for her. Nevertheless First and foremost you must understand losing your weight is a very gradual process. You should have strong determination and patience if you want to lose weight. And it cannot happen suddenly. Losing too much suddenly is also not good for health. You have to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule. Regarding diet - have small multiple meals instead of 3 big meals, eat food rich in proteins and fibres like egg white boiled chicken vegetables fruits pulses, avoid carbohydrate rich foods like rice curds oily foods sweets ghee and other junk food. Regarding exercises - start slowly with brisk walking, then change over to jogging, running and other abdominal exercises. Never over strain yourself. And always keep yourself well hydrated and enjoy whatever you do. Also consult a dietician at any hospital who will be able to give her a proper chart regarding the same