How to cure tooth ache

My father has tooth ache since long back. I see him having lot of pain. What can be done for him besides going to a doctor? Please suggest some home remedy.

Doctor Answers (4) on How to cure tooth ache

Its better to have a consultation with a Dental Surgeon as your father is suffering from tooth ache for so long rather than opting for home remedies. Pain killers will only give temporary relief till the Doctor's appointment.
Hi as u said its from long time, best is u must visit ur nearest dentist for the proper diagnosis, and for the time being u can ask him to do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day best of luck
Hi, all kind of dental problems need physical intervention. For temporary relief you can take analgesics(pain killer). You need to visit dentist for finding cause of pain and cure it. Take care.
For symptomatic relief immediately only pain killers can be given but the pain will continue to disturb him untill the root cause is removed so visiting a dentist and gettng rid of the problem will only help.thnku