How to cure Flat Foot

I have flat foot. I am about to turn 17yrs after 2 months. Is it curable at this age. I want to join the Armed Forces , (where this is a cause for rejection) .Please suggest some exercises or methods.

Doctor Answers (2) on How to cure Flat Foot

Dr. Rahul Gulve (PT) Hyderabad | Physiotherapist
First of all,  u didn't mentioned ur problem is congenital means by birth or ofter any injury. . Because flat foot involve the nerve injury r weakness of the dorsiflexor muscles. We need to examine first. Then we go for phy management in which involves electrical stimulation, facilitation exercise. . Hope u will get good recovery.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hey, A common and usually painless condition, flatfeet can occur when the arches don't develop during childhood
wearing supportive shoes that fit well. wearing specially made insoles (orthotics) inside your shoes to support your feet  .
losing weight if you're overweight. stretching the muscles and connective tissues in your lower legs to help stop your foot rolling over – you may be referred to a physiotherapist, who can recommend some exercises to try

These treatments won't change the shape of the feet, but may help relieve some of the problems associated with flat feet. 

If these measures don't help, you may be referred to an orthopaedic surgeon to discuss whether surgery is an option.