Honey nipple is safe
My daughter is 11 month old, now i am going to stop breast feeding, please suggest me how to stop breast feeding and using honey nipple is safe for baby?

Dr. Trupti Shetty
Pediatrician 11 yrs exp Pune

Stopping breastfeeding all of a sudden maybe harsh on your child since other than providing nutrition it is also a way of soothing. I would suggest you to take it slow and drop one feed at a time. That way you both will get time to adjust.. Does she demand more feed during the day or night? Tackle the easier ones first and then proceed from there Regarding honey nipple, I am assuming it is a nipple filled with honey.. If that's the case, then don't give it to her. Honey may contain botulinum spores and they can cause botulism in a child less than 1yr as they cannot digest them
Dr. B. M. Lava
Pediatrician 35 yrs exp Bangalore

Madam, Consult obstetrician.

How to make nipple pink Why does my right nipple itch Safe days after periods