Hives / Rashes / Itching

Is there any way I can get a complete treatment for Hives. I have been suffering with Hives from roughly two years which results in skin inflammation and terrible itching. The doctor has prescribed me with Montek LC. I take one tablet once in two or three days once the rashes and itching gets really bad Please tell me some remedy which will help me treat it for good.

Doctor Answers (2) on Hives / Rashes / Itching

Hi. You can visit any Ayurveda doctor for shodhana karma.
Thanks for the query. Hives are irritating and difficult to live with. Chronic urticaria is the medical terminology and needs proper assessment. The triggers should be identified. Based on your description, it appears that you have intermittent variable of chronic urticaria. These conditions have a strong relation to one's internal health and it needs to be evaluated as often quoted - Skin is the mirror of internal health. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation which probably will include a non sedative antihistamine and some other medications based on blood chemistry. A common mistake is to take antihistamines as when and needed while it should be taken for a reasonably long time frame in urticaria whether you develop hives or not. After a certain period,its advisable to wean the treatment. Now a days modern treatment options also exists which requires once a month treatment. Hope it helps.