Hiv related doubt
I had a protected sex with a prostitute a month ago still I have a fear so I wanna do HIV test. Can I do now or should do after 6 months for exact results?

Dr. J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
General Physician 18 yrs exp Chennai

You can do now itself
You can do now itself
Dr. Harsha
Hi there...I can understand your concern. Yes you can go for a hiv 1 and 2 testing now. But it is better to repeat the test after 3 months, because sometimes you can be in a window period. In window period, the antibodies might not be produced, so the test can be negative. Try to avoid any risky sexual practices, because sometimes the condom can break or slip and expose you to infection.