High PSA level

My father, age 69, has high PSA level in blood. Value of PSA level is 13.49 resulted in PSA test. What are problems associated with this higher level of PSA. Few days back , my father has fever , but become normal after taking regular treatment. Can this level may rise due to medication also. In USG report prostate size is normal and no abnormalities are detected.

Doctor Answers (3) on High PSA level

Dr. Vinay Gupta Bilaspur | Andrologist
High PSA is indicator of cancer prostate. Better to consult a urologist /surgeon. Per rectal examination is more important even with normal usg..
Go again for PSA testing after a month. If still it is higher, go for transrectal ultrasound.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, I understand your problem and you concern towards your father. We thank you for therefore you have shared with us. You have said that the scan has given negative results saying prostrate is normal yea that is true but.you need to know one thing PSA levels increase in smokers, alcoholics, and also in Aged group. But since you told us that the levels are high then it.might me because of any Infection with out any symptoms. You need to sort that out. Thank you