cardiologist-icon
High cholesterol and Urea
Recently diagnosed with increased cholesterol (265 level) and blood urea of 48 mg/dL. CBC , LFT is normal. 1. Should we be worried with urea level? 2. Can high cholesterol be reduced without taking Atorvastatin and doing exercises? 3. Also if I take Atorvastatin then will this further increase blood urea?

Whether you need atorvastatin or not depends upon your overall risk profile which needs complete lipid profile not just total cholesterol level as well as many other parameters. Higher blood urea only has no meaning. What is your creattinije level? Is there any proteinurea? What is your BP level ? I need this information for further assessment.