cardiologist-icon
High Bp 177/110
I have high bp since few months. I got a ECG done , is this ECG ok. I am very active and walk 5 km every day. I smoke and drink.

Dr. Ashish Srivastava
Cardiologist 6 yrs exp Noida

The ECG is essentially normal Get a Echo and a TMT done Dr Ashish Srivastava General Physician & Clinical Cardiologist

Hello there. I can understand your concern. The ECG image is not clear to say everything for clear. We have to be able to see the boxes because there are some calculations and measurements involved in deciphering the ECG. However, I can see a lot of patterns which are consistent with one finding that you have high blood pressure from a long time. The qrs complex is huge, suggesting ventricular hypertrophy which results from long standing high blood pressure. I would suggest you start antihypertensive medications as soon as possible. Restrict your salt and sugar intake. Continue being physically active like how you are. Consult a MD consultant physician in person for further evaluation and management. You will need a few more tests. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.