High Blood Pressure

For the past two days I am having severe headache and dizziness, I went to consult a doctor and he said I am having BP 180/100 and prescribed me Asomex 5 tablets for 10days. Please suggest me my stage and what I should do in future

Doctor Answers (1) on High Blood Pressure

Dr. Pramod Sarwa Jaipur | Critical Care Medicine
First try to rule out the cause of high blood pressure... If it is essential hypertension means no apperent cause .. than you have to continue the antihypertensive medication. . Beside medication reduce salt intake .. 30 min isotonic exercise like brisk walking .. jogging..swimming. ..yoga ll help .. take good amount of sleep. . Try sustain on regular shift if you doing shift job... avoid smoking n tobacco. . To know the stage of disease you to go for basic cardiac workup like ECG 2D echo ..fundus examination. .and continous charting of your blood pressure at least 2 times a day for that you can buy an BP monitoring device. .. consult a cardiologist if symptoms persist