Hidradenitis Suppurativa

My wife is suffering with HS for last 2 years and 3 months back she underwent surgery at armpits and groan area. Their is recurrence of same problem and the pain is still exists i know its chronic but need a better treatment and care. It is affecting her quality of life and cannot do the daily chores, please let me know if there is any doctor who has dealt with this kind of cases and helped the patients with recovery and pain management.

Doctor Answers (3) on Hidradenitis Suppurativa

Dear patient,It is possible Hidradenitis suppurativa develops when the person's immune system overreacts.HS begins in the hair follicles due to clogging of bacteria just like pimples.it could be possible that the immune system is reacting to the clogged bacteria infested hair follicles.keeping this in mind,you should also discuss laser hair reduction treatment which actually aims at destroying the hair follicles itself.it will help in remission.its worth trying it.hope this helps.
Dr. Pinanky Jadhav-Adhe Pune | Dermatologist
As my esteemed colleague Dr MK Agarwala has said Hidradenitis is a chronic illness and can be kept under control with medications and lifestyle changes. You can consult a qualified dermatologist in your area and ask them about medicines called as Biologics which are likely to give a long term remission. She will need detailed examination and evaluation whether she is a suitable for this treatment.
Schedule appointment with a qualified dermatologist to know what is best suitable for your wife's condition
Hidradenitis Suppurativa or Acne inversa is a skin disease which can be brought into remission by certain medications and life style changes. Now it is well established and believed to be a entity that can be controlled. A proper assessment to determine the severity of HS is mandatory. Most of the patients do well if they stick to the recommendations. Kindly see a dermatologist for a treatment plan. Comorbidities should be addressed seriously.
Skin is the mirror of internal health and to get a perfect skin you need to treat both ways - internally and externally. A healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.