Herniated disc

I am pursuing job in defence and  last 8 months I had lower back pain and continue tingling in my left leg therefore I consult doctor and he suggested me to about MRI. And MRI impression is Posterior and left paracentral herniated of L5 - S1 intervertebral disc causing mild compression over left exiting nerve root (more on left side) and left traversing nerve root in nerve root.

Doctor Answers (2) on Herniated disc

Dr. M. Kodeeswaran Chennai | Neurosurgeon
Back pain and leg pain mainly due to lumbar spine and disc prolapse..as you said your symptoms correlating with the MRI report..based upon the severity of symptoms the treatment will vary from medications, physiotherapy and surgery...Consult a neurosurgeon and follow his advice
Dr. Chandan Mohanty Mumbai | Neurosurgeon
Hello. Sorry to hear this. You have a disc herniation which is due to wear and tear of the spine.In simple terms it is sign of early arthritis in the spine. As you can see from the report you also have compression of one of the nerves supplying the leg at the site of disc herniation in the spine. This is causing the tingling in the legs. Most of the time disc herniation can be managed successfully with medications and in some cases may need surgery to remove the herniated disc. This decision is based on your symptoms, signs and after carefully studying your MRI pictures. Wishing you a speedy recovery.